Nowadays our lifestyle is much different than in the earlier days. In this capitalistic world, we are running after money or our career. By the time we realize this is not everything that a human needs most. Good health is the biggest blessing a man can ever have. As if you get sick, you will find out that everything in your life is not as important as you thought. So, it is important that we try our best to build on some healthy habits to reduce the possibility of getting sick. We will share some of the best apps for healthy habits in 2022.
We are segmenting our suggestions of the best apps for building healthy habits based on 4 options as below –
- Controlling Food Habit
- Meditation and Yoga
- Habit Tracking
Apps For Building Healthy Habits By Controlling Food Habit
Calorie Counter – MyFitnessPal
There are many apps available to build on good habits. But most healthy habits are to control your food menu. What type of food you eat does impact your body and mind. Healthy food habits will keep your body and mind fresh. You will feel a lot of positive energy to work on. There are many apps that can track the calorie you are eating and guide you to maintain a proper calorie check. One of the best is MyFitnessPal. This is more of a complete solution for tracking foods and calories.
The free version offers a lot of features which is enough for anyone. And that makes it the best in the market –
- The easiest to use food diary on the web myfitnesspal.com–Track what you eat with just a few clicks from anywhere with an internet connection – at home or at work
- A searchable food database of over 300,000,000 items –and it’s growing every day!
- Your own personal food database –add your own foods and recipes at any time and access them from anywhere with an internet connection
- Free mobile apps for iPhone App Store and Android Google Play–so you can log your meals and exercise even when you are on the go
- You can connect this app with over 50 other fitness apps to track and synchronize your activities for calorie count.
- Support and motivationfrom people just like you – the discussion forums let you learn from others, share your own tips, receive and give encouragement, and make friends.
- A personalized diet profile– customized to your unique weight loss goals.
- Flexibility– this system can support any diet like Atkins, the South Beach Diet, the Zone, and more. No matter what diet you’re on, it can help.
Fooducate – Eat better. Lose weight. Get healthy
One of the best healthy habits can be controlling your food habits. As it can bring a huge improvement in your health. To organize the best food menu suitable for you need to know the ingredients of those foods. You should be able to analyze the number of calories you need and the amount you are consuming. For all those purposes Fooducate is the best answer. Fooducate is an amazing app with a huge food database. This app has a lot of amazing features. You can get both the Android and iOS versions of this app from this link.
It can scan the bar code and tell the food ingredients for about 250,000+ food items. Then it can grade the scanned food based on the ingredients. Also can advise a food suggestion for you based on the scan history.
You can get free suggestions from nutrition specialists, free weight loss tips, and a lot of motivation from the Fooducate community. You can personalize Fooducate based on –
- age, gender, weight, height, activity level
- the desired weight loss rate
- carb control
- health conditions (low cholesterol, pregnancy,…)
- dietary goals (non-processed foods, vegetarian)
- avoid MSG, HFCS, GMOs, and other ingredients
- Gluten-free and other allergens
(Note: some personalization features require a premium account)
Fooducate can analyze and detect harmful ingredients like the below list and can help you to build on a habit of avoiding those –
- added sugars
- artificial sweeteners such as aspartame
- trans fats
- high fructose corn syrup
- controversial food colorings
- GMO – genetically modified organisms (premium feature)
- additives and preservatives
- and many other ingredients.
Apps For Building Healthy Habits By Meditation and Yoga
Headspace: Meditation & Sleep
Another important healthy practice you should bring into your life is sound sleep and peace of mind. Though there are many more apps for meditation. But for building on the habit of regularly doing meditation this app can be of great help. Moreover, this app is available on both the Android and iOS platforms.
Headspace is your personal guide to health and happiness. It can help you focus, breathe, stay calm, and create the conditions for a better night’s sleep by practicing meditation and mindfulness. When you need some stress relief or lessons on creating a better sleep cycle, Headspace can help. Features that are available in this app are as below –
Stress & anxiety relief meditation:
- Managing Anxiety, Letting Go of Stress, Restlessness, Navigating Change
- Falling asleep & waking up meditation sounds: Sleep, Restlessness
- Personal growth meditation: Relationships, Self-Esteem, Kindness, Happiness, Acceptance, Appreciation, Balance, Patience, Generosity
- Work & productivity meditation timer: Finding Focus, Prioritization, Productivity, Creativity
- Life challenges meditation: Transforming Anger, Handling Sadness, Dealing With Regret, Self-Esteem, Grieving
- Movement & sports meditation: Motivation, Focus, Training, Competition, Communication, Analysis, Recovery, Rehab, Concentration
- Physical health mindfulness training: Mindful Eating, Coping With Cravings, Pain Management, Pregnancy, Coping With Cancer
- Student guided meditation: Dealing with Distractions, Leaving Home
Sleep by Headspace: Create the best possible conditions for restful nights. Includes:
- Sleepcasts – add a little happily-ever-after to your bedtime routine with these guided meditations paired with relaxing sounds for sleeping
- Sleep music – create the perfect atmosphere to relax and sleep with sleep meditation music and sleep stories
- Wind downs – guided exercises to prepare mind and body for sleep
Yoga – Track Yoga
Thinking about building on a healthy habit for yourself. What best could be than yoga. Yoga can refresh your body and mind. This app is free and very rich with a lot of video tutorials. These lessons are suitable for beginner to expert level. Yoga is amazing with a lot of benefits. This app can help you inculcate the habit of yoga. Instead of spending huge sums of money for yoga studios, use this app to practice yoga wherever you want, whenever you want.
There is a huge list of tutorials you can choose from. You can set weekly goals and let Track Yoga track your progress. Have reminders sent to your phone to stay on track with your weekly goals? Earn free Kriya points for each class you practice. Use these points to unlock premium content.
You can make yoga a part of your yoga routine in whatever form you practice. As this app is suitable for pure yoga, pranayama, yoga breathing, weight loss, yoga for depression, yoga fitness, yoga asanas, hatha yoga, vinyasa yoga, yin yoga, ashtanga yoga, core yoga, power yoga, Iyengar yoga, and Baba Ramdev yoga.
This app mostly follows the Hatha Yoga style. Yoga – The track Yoga app is only available on the Android platform.
5 Minute Yoga
This is another simple free app for a yoga practice at home. 5 Minute Yoga is ideal for those wanting quick and easy daily yoga workouts. Each session is created from a selection of simple but effective yoga poses making it ideal for beginners. Every pose features clear images and detailed instructions ensuring all poses are performed correctly – vital for effective practice.
Quick workouts are ideal for many situations; a perfect way to start the day, an easy way to relieve stress in the office, or to help unwind before bed. Regular yoga practice improves flexibility, increases strength, tones muscles, and reduces stress. Be amazed at what you can achieve in 5 minutes a day.
This app is available on both the Android and iOS platforms.
Apps For Building Healthy Habits By Easy Home Workouts & Exercises
Sworkit: Workouts and Fitness Plans
If you are looking for a healthy habit to build, working out can be the best choice. You can stay fit physically and mentally. And in the process might get into a body shape your friends and partners will appreciate. As for many times is a constraint that always fails many positive attempts. Sworkit is a fitness system that understands your pain, frustration, and schedule. With Sworkit, the feeling of being too busy, too intimidated, or too unmotivated will be a thing of the past. You can get that app only on the Android platform.
This app can integrate with many other fitness apps like Google Fit, MyFitnesspal & Strava. Many other features this app offers for free are –
- More than 400 unique workouts and over 800 exercises
- You choose the time you have to workout
- Recommended easy workout plans based on your goals
- Create and save your own custom workouts
- Certified trainers to answer your fitness and nutrition questions
Home Workout – No Equipment
Another best form of healthy practice is working out. Though for the best result you might consider going to a professional gym or fitness center. That might be costly or time-consuming. You might not be able or interested to afford such time and money right now. For beginners, this app will bring the opportunity to work out even in a home with no equipment at all. This app is only available on the Android platform.
The app has workouts for your abs, chest, legs, arms, and butt as well as full-body workouts. All the workouts are designed by experts. None of them need equipment, so there’s no need to go to the gym. Even though it just takes a few minutes a day, it can effectively tone your muscles and help you get six-pack abs at home. This easy workout app is one of the best apps for healthy habits if you can use it properly.
The warm-up and stretching routines are designed to make sure you exercise in a scientific way. With animations and video guidance for each exercise, you can make sure you use the right form during each exercise. Stick with our home workouts, and you will notice a change in your body in just a few short weeks. Features offered by the Home Workout app –
- Warm-up and stretching routines
- Records training progress automatically
- The chart tracks your weight trends
- Customize your workout reminders
- Detailed video and animation guides
- Lose weight with a personal trainer
- Share with your friends on social media
adidas Running App by Runtastic – Running Tracker
If you are less into workouts or yoga or any other habit building. You might take on the one simple but much effective exercise habit. Running can help you to be in the good shape of the body. Runtastic comes with an exclusive feature of tracking your running and the distance you cover. It can analyze the pattern and help you to improve your running technique and habit.
You can get training guidance and audio feedback from the customizableVoice Coach. Even you can let your friends know that you are out and about — receive custom cheers to motivate you to go even further. There is an option to choose whether to have a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly goal. you can engage in a little friendly competition & check theLeaderboardto see your performance against your groups or friends. In the premium version, there are many more features.
Apps For Building Healthy Habits By Habit Tracking
The Habit Hub
For a healthy life, it is not only healthy foods that help. a healthy life routine can also help. You can build on some practice to leave bad habits like smoking. Or you can count the streaks of how many days with a good habit or how many days without a bad habit you have spent. You can set flexible goals like 15 days without those high-calorie soft drinks. This app is still only available in Android. The iOS version will be available soon.
Features Offered By HabitHub
HabitHub is based on Seinfeld’s productivity secret, which involves building long streaks of days. These streaks that you build will motivate you to keep moving forward.
HabitHub comes with a full-featured calendar view for every habit to track and visualize your chains.
Do you keep on forgetting that habit of yours? No worries !! HabitHub comes with a powerful reminder system that will help you stay on top of all your habits.
- Ready for Smartwatches
HabitHub sends out the reminders directly to your smartwatch allowing you to mark the days directly from the watch.
Want to keep a journal? How about keeping track of your daily achievements !! With HabitHub you can add notes to any day you want and even read all the notes sorted by the last week, month or even year !!
- Flexible goals
Do you want flexibility in your habits? Do you want to go jogging just on the weekends or hit the gym 4 times every week? HabitHub comes with a very sophisticated scheduling system that can track any habit you can imagine.
HabitHub comes with the ability to categorize habits according to various aspects of your life to keep you sane and focused !!
Track your habits and goals right from the home screen with SIX beautiful widgets for FREE !!
Want to know how you have been doing with those goals/habits? See the big picture with the help of graphs. Gain insights into what’s working for you and what’s not working. Get a breakdown of all the successful and failed days by weeks, months, or years.
Automatically backup and restore your data to the cloud with Google Drive backup.
Already using other apps? Import your tracking data from apps like habits streak with just a click.
Fabulous: Self Care
Fabulous is not just an average habit tracker. It is a science-based app that will motivate you to improve your fitness & achieve your weight loss goals, reboot your sleep cycle, and discover mindfulness to reduce your anxiety. You’ll learn to build a transformative morning routine and even pick up life-changing habits like meditation and yoga along the way. It is one of the best apps for healthy habits. This app is available on both the Android & iOS platforms.
- Fabulous will help you if you have an irregular sleep cycle and want to learn how to get a good night’s sleep.
- If you are struggling with your fitness and don’t know how to lose weight
- When you need the motivation to build an indestructible morning routine
- If you want to increase your energy so you have focused the entire day
- Also if you find it difficult to improve your productivity because of ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
- If you want to improve your mental health through mindfulness so you can cope with anxiety
Habitify is another multi-platform habit tracking app. This is a very simple app with a convenient interface. You can even select the dark mood for your eye soothing. There are a lot of statistics of the progress of your habits in a lot of graphs and charts. You can check them out on every platform out there. You can even keep an eye on the progress of the apple watch OS along with all other platforms like iOS, Android, macOS, or even on Web.
- Stay focused on your daily routine
Habitify Android groups your habits by times of the day: Morning, afternoon and evening. You can customize the time for each time of the day to suit your daily routine better.
- Perform better each day
Habitify Android helps you measure progress with insightful charts and numbers. It’s not only an android habit tracker app, but it’s also your accountable buddy that shows how well you’re keeping up with your daily routine.
- Build good habits anywhere, any time
No matter where you go, Habitify Android goes with you. It is available on your Android phones and tablets, and also on all Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac). You’ll never miss anything in your daily routine. That makes Habitify the best android habit tracker app on the market!
- Stay on track of your daily routine
Habitify Android will act as a habit reminder to drink water, exercise, meditate or wake up early. Have a list of the daily routine of successful people that you want to follow? This android habit tracker app can remind you to do it at the right time!
Coach.me – Instant Coaching
Sometimes you need something more than a habit tracker to build on your habits. There are times when you need a bit pushing or the guidance and motivation to keep up the desire for habit building. Then this app might come in handy. If you don’t want to go it alone, then Coach.me is the app for you. But this app is only available on the iOS platform.
There is one community feature where you can connect with another coach.me users. There you can share your experience or struggles while working on your habits. Others also share a lot of inspiring stories as well. You can put on the questions you have there and others will be available to share their experiences how they overcame the situations. You can also hire coaches for your personal guidance from this app. But you have to pay certain fees based on the trainers.
Habit-Bull Habit Tracker
This app is mostly known as Habit-Bull. Very recently they changed their name. This app is very rich with different features. Its detailed data recording process will allow you to get the detailed progress of your habits. As this app can be integrated into other fitness apps like google fit, you can track your fitness habits also. All the data is synced to the cloud so, there is no worry about losing data. But for some this app might seem a bit complicated for its detailed customization ability.
Habit-Bull does feel a little like a game in which you compete with yourself. The task is to get a long streak for the habit you are working on by covering your goals. The longer the better. It takes a couple of months to fully build a new routine, so don’t give up – it takes time and if you are consistent it will work; even if it takes a few attempts.
This app is very popular both on the Android and iOS platforms.
- Track multiple habits, repeated to do’s or goals, each in its own calendar
- Streak counter and percentage successful for each habit
- Yes/No or Number goals
- Very flexible goals like the number of times per day/week/month, only on certain days of the week, etc. For example, 30 push-ups every Mon-Fri, go to the gym 2 times per week, or even every 2 days
- Inspiring quotes per category – including actual quotes from people doing it (meditation, reading, stop drinking alcohol, stop smoking cigarettes, stop procrastination, etc)
- Graphs with success percentage/streak entered values etc
- Powerful reminders – multiple times per day, repeating within a time period, sound and vibrate optional
- Home screen/lock screen widget
- Multi-device syncing
- Cloud backup
- Motivational images
- Export to CSV
- Dark theme
- Google Fit integration
Momentum Habit Tracker
This is a specialized Habit Tracking app for building on healthy habits as you set. It will allow setting the recurring habits for weeks or months like the calendar. You can put comments for each activity. It does allow you to keep a detailed track of the real situation. But unfortunately, this app is not yet available for the android platform. So, you can get this app only for iOS.
But the good thing is you can easily import your data to excel format, which allows you to use these data in all the other platforms. All your data will be safely synced to iCloud. You can check off your habits from your iPhone, Apple Watch or Mac anytime anywhere.
This is a very interesting app that is developed by behavioral economists at the prestigious Yale University. It works based on commitments and there are some definite measures to push you to keep the commitment. While adding your goal, you have to add another person who will confirm your progress. So, you will be committed to completing the goal. This app is available both on the Android and iOS platforms.
There are many more measures to push you more like, you can set some money at stake if you fail StikK will pass the money as the commitment to the person or charity organization you set. For an extra push, you can even set the stake to pay to the charity you don’t like. By pushing your financial accountability, social accountability and personal accountability this app are great for pushing you to the success of your goal.
The apple design award winner app is a to-do list app with the ability to help you build better habits. You can track up to twelve tasks you want to complete each day. Your goal is to build a streak of consecutive days. One of the best apps for healthy habits by its interface and functions.
Streaks is highly customizable. It includes 78 different color themes, Over 600 task icons to choose from. You can even choose how often a task needs to be completed or repeated in a day or week or months. Features offered by this app are –
- Tasks sync across all of your devices using iCloud
- Streaks automatically know when you complete tasks linked to the Health app
- Streaks remind you automatically when you need to complete a task
- You can also create negative tasks to break bad habits
- Create timed tasks to track mindfulness, brushing your teeth, or anything
This excellent app is not available for the android platform. This app is only available for Apple products which means available in iOS or macOS or watchOS.
While looking for the best apps for healthy habits we found this simple app interesting. As the name “Balanced”, the app is to maintain a balance of three very basic activities of our life. This is completely based on a health perspective. Like the other habit tracking apps, you can not add or follow other habits. What this app does is that it tracks your sleep, activity, and inactivity times. Notifies you if your sleep is not enough or the inactive period is too high. It reminds you to move from time to time to maintain a healthy practice.
Like the other activity tracking app, this also needs the help of a fitness watch or gadget to track your activities accurately. Otherwise, you would have to add them manually in the app. With all the data it gets, you can get a statistical view from this app. Overall, this app is very simple and less complicated than other apps. Only available on Android.
Simple Habit Tracker
Don’t get confused by the name. This app is not as simple as the name. We found the app really colorful in design and very functional with many interesting features. There are lots of healthy habits ideas from which you can choose and start building. Especially the interface is really eye-catching with excellent design and color combination. Because of the design & UI, many consider this app as one of the best apps for healthy habits.
Again this app is not available for the Android platform. You can get it only on iOS.
Features that are offered by this beautiful app are –
- Get inspired with a collection of 200 simple habit ideas
- Create custom habits you want to form
- Build a strong daily routine and morning ritual
- Challenge yourself: 21 days to make or break a habit
- Stay on track with the help of reminders
- Track progress on any goal or habit
- Stay balanced across 4 wellness dimensions: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual
- Achieve your life goals
- Most beautiful and simple habit planner and tracker app!
Strides: Habit Tracker
This app is pretty much an all-rounder considering all the features we are talking about here. It is one of the best apps for tracking healthy habits. You will be able to enjoy almost all of the habit tracking, fitness tracking, goal tracking, and statistical presentation of the achievements in this app. You can track all your Goals & Habits in one flexible app. With Strides you can track anything – good or bad habits and SMART goals – with reminders to hold you accountable and charts to keep you motivated.
Recommended in The New York Times, Strides has been called “the most comprehensive, user-friendly, beautifully designed goal tracking app available.”
So, you can consider this as one of the best apps for healthy habits too. Unfortunately, this app is also available on the iOS platform only. Features offered by this app –
- 150+ templates, or create your own
- Dashboard for viewing everything in one place
- Green/red pace line system to stay on track
- Charts with history, streak, success rate and more
- Powerful reminders: Daily, weekly, weekdays, etc.
- Unlimited reminders to set yourself up for success
- Add extra notes to your logs to give more context
- Get organized and create the perfect routine
Way of Life – The Habit Tracker
Changing habits is hard work. Having the right tool is half the battle. Way of Life is that tool – a beautiful, intuitive habit tracker that motivates you to build a better, stronger, and healthier you. By tracking all of your negative activities like bad food habits, bad sleeping patterns or not exercising enough, etc, you can start the change. You can build on that motivation based on these data. This app will help you all the way through.
Good thing is that this app is available in both the platform- iOS and Android. On first use, users are provided with an interactive video tutorial. Features offered by this app –
- Powerful reminders with flexible scheduling and custom messages.
- Charts – bar graphs with trend lines
- Note-taking – quickly write down a note
- Unlimited items can be added
- Progress can be shared on the social media profiles
- Backup to any Cloud storage provider that supports Android or iOS.
- Archive completed goals
- Data can be exported to Excel or CSV files to archive
- Updating takes less than a minute a day
There are many more apps similar to this. We tried to list down the best apps for healthy habits based on the user review and our own experiments.
Are habit trackers worth it? ›
The benefits of habit tracking
One of the key advantages of using a habit tracker is that it allows you to visualise your progress and identify any recurrent setbacks. This form of metacognition can help you adapt your approach and keep on improving your habit formation strategies.
Here's a list of the 7 best habit trackers you can use.
- Habitica. ...
- Productive Habit Tracker. ...
- StickK. ...
- Streaks. ...
- Habitbull. ...
- Done. ...
- Way of Life.
TALLY is a simple tool to help you track absolutely anything. Whether you're trying to track how many times you ate vegetables this week, how many cups of coffee you drank, or whether or not you took your vitamins today, TALLY can help you get where you want to go.Is Habitica free? ›
Habitica is a free habit-building and productivity app that uses retro RPG elements to gamify your tasks and goals.Are there any totally free tracking apps? ›
Google Find My Device is a free phone tracking application. The app lets you track any device on your Android phone. You can set a password to secure the data. Also, the app supports remote lock and erase features.What apps are like fabulous but for free? ›
- 178. Habitica. Freemium • Open Source. ...
- Deepstash. Freemium • Proprietary. Online Education Service. ...
- SuperBetter. Free • Proprietary. Habit Tracker. ...
- SwissTasks. Paid • Proprietary. Todo List Manager. ...
- The HabitHub. Freemium • Proprietary. ...
- Do It Now. Freemium • Proprietary. ...
- GrowApp. Freemium • Proprietary. ...
- Mindvalley. Paid • Proprietary.
CellTracker Monitor App for Android. It is one of the best free phone monitoring apps. It will record browsing history and call history.Do habit forming apps work? ›
Duhigg says that habit apps can work — but only if you actively monitor the data from the app each day and use it to analyze how you can change. “People are actually less likely to develop new habits if they're using a device to pay attention for them instead of paying attention themselves,” Duhigg told Vox.Should I be worried about trackers? ›
In short, you don't need to worry. You're likely to collect more trackers the next time you use the internet, depending on which web browser you use and the privacy settings you've activated. Your two main concerns with trackers are your online privacy and the space these types of files can take up on your hard drive.When should you stop tracking a habit? ›
If tracking a habit feels obsessive or becomes stressful and is not helping you succeed, it's time to get rid of it. Or, if you've realized the benefits and no further benefit will come from continuing, it's a good idea to lose that habit.
How can I track my daily habits? ›
The most basic format is to get a calendar and cross off each day you stick with your routine. For example, if you meditate on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, each of those dates gets an X. As time rolls by, the calendar becomes a record of your habit streak.Is there a Google habit tracker? ›
The tracker has one page per month, making it easy for you to track your habits and observe your progress throughout the year. You can download the yearly habit tracker as an excel spreadsheet and use it locally, or make a copy and use it online using Google Sheets.Is everyday habit tracker free? ›
everyday is free forever with the option to upgrade to everyday Premium. With everyday Premium, you'll enjoy unlimited access to powerful features in multiple devices that'll help you form new habits and achieve your goals.Is the fabulous app worth it? ›
The Fabulous app can help you start building new daily habits, but the app is confusing to figure out and certain features can be hard to find. Even though the Fabulous app has a free version, it remains limited and you must ultimately sign up for the premium subscription to take full advantage of its offerings.